Friday, June 5, 2009

This is whats up



Hey everyone so this is my first time doing a blog... So My sister figured it would be good since everyone has been wondering about whats been going on with me. Well about a month ago I started getting weird pressure headaches and figured it was just a head flu or something... So this went on for about 2 weeks.. so i finally went to the doc's. She thought it was kinda strange so she decided that it would be a good idea to get a MRI done. When they got the results back, I got a phone call that changed my life forever. My doctor told me that they found a large mass in my brian. This was on a sunday when I found out. The next day my mom and doctor were on the phone for hours trying to find a neurosurgen (sorry cant spell) that day. They finally found one and she was at sweedish medical in seattle. We met up with her that day and went over my MRI and decided i needed to have surgery ASAP. So they set the date. Thursday the 21st. I was going to get brain surgery. How out of no where someone who thinks they have a normal headache go from having to get surgery?? So the day of surgery we had to be there at 6AM. My surgery was sched. for 11:45. My family was all there waiting for it to be over with.. I remember getting pulled away to the operation room seeing Jesse, steph, and my mom just lookin at me.. I gave them the peace sign and then i was out. Next thing I remember is waking up and seeing my jesse adam, dad, mom and stephanie. I guess the medicine made me pretty chatty. So remember seeing alot of my family and friends coming and going. I was in ICU for about 2day and then in IC for the remaining day. The surgery went well, they removed all the tumor. The day i got to leave was saterday. the nurse had to remove 12 staples from my head that was holding the gauze on my head. That was painful!!!!! Then I got to go HOME!!!!!! Now we just had to wait to get the results on the tumor..... to see if the tumor is just a tumor or more...

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, i am so glad you started a blog! Hardcore picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelby! Im so glad you are home! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Shelby,
    I am so proud of you for being so brave,and keeping your spirits so high.I love looking at your blog there are some neat pics,like your music to. brings back memories of when we used to live next door.All the good times and You and your family spending lots of time with faith. Well I know you will be just fine,just got to get past the hard part first.thinking of you and your family every day.luv ya.LaRae

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Schlebby!I'm borrowing a computer right now cuz I don't have one,I know everyone thinks that I'm weird.I'm sooo happy that you have had so much support.I'm sorry that this has happened but look at how much you're loved!It's so touching to see all the support you're getting.I'm happy to see that you are taking pills too. :-)Thanks for doing this blog,it's nice to keep up with you and not feel like I'm bothering you. Hope to see you soon and take care of you. Good thoughts for you from me.
    Amber xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Schlebby,
    Amber told me about your blog, had to check it out. I'm glad to hear everything is going well. You sure scared us. Stay strong. Keep us posted and remember we are always here if you need anything.
    Take care
    Rick

    ReplyDelete