Thursday, June 25, 2009

Almost 1 week down of treatment








So As u can see in these pictures i am kinda a hue of green. That is the port that is in me.. Thank g goodness i have this cuz if not i would be in a lot of pain. I have been going all day waking up... getting ready for a long day. Today my aunt tara took me. We got there right on time. When we were at the cancer care allaince center They got us in right away. The put us in our own room and we have our own kitchen of food of what we want :) so we both had macaronni yummmy:) So today they were late with my gad-tec so we had to wait an extra half hour at the radiation center. The gad tec today made the tip of m fingers tingle.. kinda hurt and also i am Very sensitive to light. Oh and they made me take some steriods today to help with that. It actually work for awhile. So Then tara and i went to the radiation doctor and then we had to wait so we went to the cafe. She got me some fruit :) it was yummy. So today in the radiation room i had them put a smell on my nose like today they did orange smell.. When they do rasiation to ur brian sometimes it does something with ur smells and u smell a weird smell like almost sulfer.. So ya every time i go and get it done i can pick a new smell... Something i get to look forward to. It only is for about 3 min. the radiation... its really fast but it sure wears me out thats for sure. Tara brought a pillow and i passed out from seattle to home :) Thanks tara :) Also today i ran into a girl that is 17 and she is from alaska they moved up her for her treatment.. she has caner in her muscle tissues actually shes been doin it for 6 months shes a beautiful stong women. O!! and also my mom and aunt yesterday talked to this nice lady that her husband has kids luikemia..... It was his first day for radiation... she gave be a big hug and said to stay strong.. she gave me a lil metal angel.. she said she has been caring it for a long time and said i should have it.. it made me cry actually i was very happy... i gave her a hug and said Thank you. thank you. When i got home my mom and dad and dodi from costco stopped by. Thank goodness for them they bring me so much yummy food for me i swear they want me to get fat or somthing :) Thanks everyone for thinkin about me i think about u all the time :)


6 comments:

  1. my angle shelby, you look so pretty even with a touch of green,almost a week of treatment and you look so beatiful, the angel looks great. ill see you in the morning and off to seattle and then you get the weekend off !!!i love, you mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Our Beautiful Green Goddess!...Shelb's you
    look Beautiful and the green tint comes and go's..You know... I' was honest with you about the Green tint today...I" think you are about the only person that could pull this off ..you have that Beautiful sunkissed Tan skin...so that really helps you with the green..and like I' said someone walking past you wouldn't even notice the color so dont let that get you down...stay Positive and strong and just think ..you hopefully have only 5 and a half weeks left....You have alot of Love,support and many Prayers coming your way.
    LoveYa, aunt Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Green is definitely your color Shelbs...goes perfect with your bedroom eyes!! I love reading your blog, I wish so much I was there with you. You are in my prayers and thoughts daily, constantly actually, and Im coming to see ya again soon. Hate that your going through this, but your so strong just keep positive and lean on all your friends and family that love you so much. God has a reason for everything and he only gives you as much as he knows you can handle...I love u shells :) O also, Kylie always asks god to fix shelbys head when she says her prayers at night before bed...so I know this will happen!! Have fun with your dad today..luv ya:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy Shelby,
    I miss your smiling, smart aleck face at work.:)
    I've been reading your blog. Have you written before---journal, diary? You are quite good. I am sorry your dog is having trouble with the fireworks. Last year on the 4th, we gave our cat a tranquilizer and he did really well--- the fireworks didn't faze him at all.Take care!
    Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Shelby :)
    It's Me Tracy Holtum, my husband is the one with leukemia and I gave you the angel :) you have been in my prayers everyday, you have really touched my heart, you are a strong beautiful girl and I know in my heart you will BEAT this!!! I thought I'd stop by the 1st floor one day around 3:00ish to see if you and your mom were there just to say hi, i'll be visiting Mike (my husband) so it will be easy to drop down to say hi! that is if you're appointments are still around 3:00ish???
    today is monday so I know your back at it, hang in there, and stay possitive!!! tell your mom hi, and I think she's right about the mom being named "Lisa" she'll know what i mean...
    thinking and praying for you!!! always!!!
    with love,
    Tracy Holtum
    PS.
    you can check out our site if you want to keep up on mike's transplant.
    www.caringbridge.org/visitmikeholtum

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are surrounded by prayer. We say a special blessing for you every night at supper. Always, Elizabeth Bighorse & Family

    ReplyDelete