Sunday, June 21, 2009

I got my Port in :


So on friday i went into surgery for my port. It was a mini surgery i was probably in there for about a hour. Jesse, Stephanie, and my aunt Sherry were there givin me a peace sign when they pushed me into the surgery room. I was really glad they were there to support me. soo..They made a little cut on my right side of my chest. They inserted the port and made it so it wouldnt move. The doctors said usually people pass out during the surgery cuz of the medicine but i was awake talkin to the surgen.. i dont really remember what all i said but they said i was a chatter box. haha So when i got out of surgery my sis had to leave cuz they said i was going to have to recover for 2-6 hours.. so my mom and dad came up and they were there when i got out of surgery. When we were waiting for my food to come.. the radiation doctor called and they needed to do a couple more things with my mask they made me. so i ended up leaving the recovery room within a hour. They didnt give me any medicine either.. they said that i would just be a little sore. BUT that was not true! So we finally left and i started to feel more and more sick...so when we got home we passed out and my grandma, my aunt tara and my brother and savanna stopped by. They brought me goodies and it was nice seeing them. Jesse called in so he could spend time with me and take care of me. So we slept till 11 the next day.. seriously. I took a perkacet (woops on spelling) and it made me sooo sick i layed on the couch all day and didnt move.. i would try to get up but i felt horrible!!! I felt worse then when i got my brian surgery. Then today fathers day i took a shower.. and felt a lot better. Jesse and i hung out at his dads house and just relaxed and prunned his trees and just had a very relaxing day. He got me a cute long skirt as well it was very thoughtful of him. Ohh and we also removed the gauze from my sore. That was kinda painful.. but we got it removed.. but the tape was still everywhere around it.. it seriously was as big as my hand the tape stuck on me. later on we went to my parents house and my sister helped me try to remove the tape. lemme tell ya it was soo painful. we put coconut oil on it to help.. NOPE then stephanie called andrew and he looked on the web and it said vasaline would help. so it probably took a good hour of my screaming and trying not to cry to get it off of me. Thank god for my sis and my momma being there trying to keep me strong to get that off cuz that hurt!

2 comments:

  1. Shelby,shelby..Shelby..Yes your'e Quite the Chatter box when you are on drugs...and you sure have a funny Personality Too!...I' hope everything went well today with the radiation
    and your not feeling sick!...I' will take you this week and stay with you..Stay Strong and positive...You have alot of support ..I' wish I' could do this for you..I' Love you...and will do whatever it takes to get You through this. Love Ya,auntTara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelby, You are so strong! I am so proud of you. I can just picture you chatting away to the doctors! That is so funny! I hope your radiation went ok, and does not make you sick!

    Take care! See you soon!

    Love, Susan

    ReplyDelete