Thursday, April 22, 2010

Brain Cancer Walk!!!

This year I decided to take part in an event supporting a cause that is personally very important to me. I am thrilled to be part of the Seattle Brain Cancer Walk and I hope you'll join me in the fight against brain cancer.

my name is shelby Wedlund. I am 24 years old and was diagnosed with brain cancer last year in may.I had brain surgery and under went chemo and radiation. And a experimental drug called "gad-tech" i just recently got off of chemo and I am doing MRI's every two months to make sure that my glioblastoma isnt coming back.:)



On Saturday, June 26, 2010 I will be participating in the Brain Cancer Walk, . As part of this event we will raise funds to support brain cancer research and patient care in the Pacific Northwest.

Fighting brain cancer is truly a team effort. By joining me in this mission, we can help bring together those who care about advancing therapies for patients. The mission is clear to accelerate the development of treatments that will lead to a cure for brain cancer.

Each year, nearly 22,000 Americans - 1,200 in the Pacific Northwest - are diagnosed with a primary or metastatic brain tumor. With limited treatment options and a life expectancy of only one to two years, brain cancer is a frightening disease to face. Those directly and indirectly impacted by brain tumors are depending on us to help bring hope to their struggle.


So please help me raise some money to find a cure for brain cancer!!!
www.braincancerwalk.org

2 comments:

  1. my shells, we will be there for sure, were here right by your side,its going to be fun! what a great posting love you my angel, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelby, Sorry I haven't posted any comments. I do get on the computer to see if you or Steph have up dated your web. I need more hours in the day and days in the weeks. I am sending you your fishing pole next week so you can use it before summer is over. HA HA I don't know when I will be over next time, but I know I will be next to you and everyone at your walk. Call me if you need anything. I will write more when I have time. Love you Kelly

    ReplyDelete