Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Updates


Hey everyone..

SO whats new .... hmm Well I went to SCCA on monday and my phosphorus levels are getting back up there.. they were around 1.1-1.5... Now its up to 1.9 so this is a good thing.. I have been taking more viti. D its suposed to help me absorb more phos. hmm.. Well I went to get my patch for chemo.. and Well it was 60 dollors.. for 1 patch. OMG.. i was shocked. my insurance started over so i have to meet a deductable.. so my meds are costing more right now... ugh oh well i guess if its helping me i need it right? Well This month should be the last month for me to take my chemo.. Im excited.. But not looking forward in taking it this month.. its like my body knows i am gonna take it.. and its hard.. because it makes me not feel so good. But i jus gotta remember that its gonna be my last month. So i should be starting it in the next couple days.. I have a MRI feb. 22nd... and some blood work at the beginning of the month.. so next month should be pretty easy. Jesses sched. should be changing soon.. instead of working 130-1100, he will be working 1030pm-7am. So he will have more of a day to do things. .And i will be able to have a normal sleeping sched. lately i have been staying up till 3....4 am. and not waking up till 1 or 3m in the afternoon.. haha I guess i like my sleep.. So i need to work on that. hmm well my hair is starting to grow back now.. its getting thicker looking.. but not where the scar is on my head.. luckily i part my hair on the side of my head... When i went to the doctors on monday i talked to one of my nurses.. and well she had the same tumor as me.. but hers was in the back of her head.. i asked if i could see her scar... and it looks like mine.. her hair didnt grow back where the scar was.. its crazy.. Oh well makes us unique right?? lol my hair is about a inch long where i lost it.. it came back dark.. .like my natural color... so i lucked out. I was hopeing it wouldnt be a different color.. or curly.. so right now it looks like i have a mullet. HAHA but whatever... i didnt want to shave my head. umm... well my sister gets to find out what she is having on my b-day... im thinking its gonna be a boy... i was hopeing for twins.. but not this time. im really excited to find out.. then i can start buying stuff for him/her. Well I will letcha know how my chemo goes.. Pray it goes well.. I havent thrown up for 2 months.. so lets make this month be the 3rd. Thanks everyone who reads this... it means a lot that u care.

2 comments:

  1. HI Shelby, I am glad this is the last month for Chemo for you and that your hair is growing back. I don't know how you do it. Like I have said before you make is sound so easy and I sure it's not. Yes you are unigue but most of all you are so special. I can't wait until we go to Mexico, I am so ready for summer. You call me if you need anything. Love you alway. I got you something, ask your mom to see the photo I sent her today. Take care and keep me posted. Love you Aunt Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know who you are but we went to school together and I heard about your situation so I checked out your blog. I'm glad to see you're doing better and I pray for you at night! Goodluck as you continue to recover!
    -Adam P.

    ReplyDelete