Monday, September 21, 2009

1 more surgery down!


SO i ended up haveing to get my appendix removed. Jesse took me and and i had to drink this orange flavored drink which was oo soo yummy..NOT it was icky! i had to drink a full cup. so then i got my CT scan.. which was weird because they inject this dye in u and it makes ur whole body warm from ur head to your toes. it actually feeels like u are peeing your pants when they inject it. haha it only last 1min though. So then we had to wait for the results and then the doc called us on the phone and they made a appoint. for my surgery. So i called my mom and told her and she came down with my aunt tara. I was not looking forward to gettin another surgery but i knew i could do it with the support. so We waited in the waiting area for a good half hour.. then they called jesse and i back. Tara got me some slippers to wear. so They brought us in a lil room and i had to change into the lovely hospital clothes. Then they xtarted to pump fluids in me. while jesse and i were waiting we said a prayer for everyone to look after me while i was in surgery. Then the doc's pulled me away and i remember waking up all droggy and seeing Jesse, sami, my momma, my dad, tara, stacy, and greg, and joel. It was very nice of everyone to come and see me :) So everyone started leaving... then jesse and i were watching tv. My arm though was hurtin soo mad they say that happends because the air gets in ur body and messes with the diafram and your brian thinks its ur arm but its reallt not. So my poor jesse had to sleep in a metal chair all night right next to me. they wouldnt give him a bed or anything.. how rude.. he didnt get much sleep but i sure thought it was reallly sweet of him. so when it woke up i moved over and let him lay on the bed with me and lemme tell ya he passsed out when he got on the bed...he needed some rest. So jesse and i watched about8 movies while we were there... haha he really took care of me.. getting me water.. us goin on walks in the host... and jus being there for me. thanks jesse :) So when we finally got to go home jesse drove me home very slowly.@@ When we got home the animals were all happy to see us they wouldnt leave us alone. My mom brought over her famous potatoe soup.. YUMMM i ate some of that with sourdough bread :) Thanks momma! oh ya and thank you very much for my bracelett and earrings too :) love u momma and dad :) so now i am just relaxing at home i have been very sore lately. Jesse has been a huge help. He has been doing everything for me :) hes my other half thats for sure. My mom, sis, and luke are sick so i havent really got to see them that much but better to stay away from me so i dont get sick ya know.... :) o so how they did the surgery is through my belly button... a cut on my left side of my tummy and below my belly button... ew! i dont even like thinkin about it. but thats how they did it. OH and today i went to get my blood taken today from SCCA they lady poked me in the wrong area... lemme tellu i was crying it hurt soo bad. they had a nother lady come and finish... Well love u all very much and thanks again for everyone helping me out especially u jesse :)

6 comments:

  1. Good morning Shelby, I hope you are feeling better. When I was in the hosptial I had that same stuff and you are so correct you do feel like your peeing and your whole body gets warm. I think of you always and wish I was closer to help out but I will see you this weekend. call me of you need anything. Love you Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it sounds like you are doing better,so glad to hear it.Now you are on the mend stay well.Thank god for Jesse sounds like he really takes care of you.Hope you are enjoying your Grandma's Angel.Take care ,Love You Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well hopefully that's the last of the surgeries! Time to get better. Saw Jesse yesterday and he looked tired but what a good guy! You're so lucky! Call me!!! If you need anything!!! I'll be there. Take care and I hope to see you soon. xoxoxo
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Girl! I'm sooo sorry I haven't been to see you :( I wanted to make sure you knew that if you need ANYTHING, you can call me. Even if you just want fast food, a joke, or a pet sitter just let me know. I miss you so much and I hope you stay well. Love ya!
    Angela Brown

    ReplyDelete
  5. shelby, well your doing so well after your surgery,getting around ,now your back to doing your 370 mg of chemo for the 5 days ,just eat little amounts all day long and maybe that will help with not feeling to good, well you enjoyed your fryed tacos last night.it was so nice having steph and matt and you and jessie and luke over for dinner i love that when we are all together,priceless! well saturday is the last day of your chemo ,so will do a count down of the days. shelby we love you so much!! mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shelby, So how are you doing with your chemo? you almost have me be now on having surgeries. It was real nice seeing you and everyone last Saturday, I had alot or fun. So how are the cookies? What would you like me to make you next time I am in town? I think I am coming over next Saturday for a shower for one of the girls I went to school with. So I will stop in and see if you need anything. Love you. Now up date your page when you feel better.

    ReplyDelete